The DIN-ECO (Boosting Digital Innovation & Transformation Capacity of HEIs in an Entrepreneurial Ecosystem) research project, with Scientific Coordinator Prof. Adamantia Pateli from the Ionian University, had its 2nd Project Meeting on Tuesday, December 13 2022, at the Campus of the University of Parma, Italy. The main goal was to record the progress realized in all seven (7) axes of the project activities during the 1st phase of the project (August – December 2022).
Under the coordination of Ionian University, the partners presented their implemented actions. The progress was deemed satisfactory in relation to the goals that had been defined. In particular, the following actions have been implemented so far:
- Student training on digital innovation and entrepreneurship (over 300 students in total).
- Consulting students regarding the development of business ideas (over 100 students).
- Training of academic and non-academic staff (over 23 faculty members, researchers and administrative staff) on digital innovation and entrepreneurship.
- Consulting academic and non-academic staff concerning technology transfer issues (over 14 faculty members and administrative staff).
- Consulting start-ups on digital innovation and entrepreneurship issues (more than 5 start-ups).
- Development of partnership agreements with other related projects financed by the same EIT action (more than 3 partnerships).
- Setup or improvement of technology transfer mechanisms and structures in HEIs (TTOs) by the 2 most mature institutions (more than 3 university structures).
- Implementation of the digital innovation hackathon in which more than 45 student teams, originating from 6 different countries, participated.
Who Are the Partners of the Project
The collaborating institutions of the project are the following: Ionian University (lead partner – Greece), Warsaw University of Life Sciences (Poland), Mugla Sitki Kocman Unversity (Turkey), Found.ation Maker’s Place Private Company (Greece), Universita degli Studi di Parma (Italy), A.B. Institute of entrepreneurship development LTD (Cyprus), University of Nis (Serbia), Aalborg University (Denmark), Fondazione Fenice Onlus (Italy).
More information about the DIN-ECO project can be found on the project’s social media accounts:
- the EIT website: https://eit-hei.eu/projects/din-eco/
- the project website: https://din-eco.eu/
- the Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/DINECOproject
- the LinkedIn page: https://www.linkedin.com/company/din-eco-project/about/
- the Instagram account: https://www.instagram.com/dinecoproject/
- the Twitter account: https://twitter.com/DINECOProject1
- the Tik-Tok account: https://www.tiktok.com/@dineco_project